New version of EasyMenu 2.0
Dear users! I am glad to announce the release of a new version of EasyMenu 2.0. In the new version we have added many new features, hopefully useful for you.
EasyMenu is an application which plans weekly menus and generates shopping lists. The menu planner allows to plan your menu for a week in detail, or generate a random balanced menu, or anything in between! This saves a lot of time, money and effort.
If you are already using the full version of EasyMenu 1.5 the update is free.
You can download EasyMenu 2.0 here.
Main features of EasyMenu are:
- Cookbook with your favorite recipes
- New recipes are easy to add and edit
- Menu can be generated randomly or edited manually
- Your recipes as well as user’s profile are stored on the server and are therefore accessible from any computer. You only have to log in
- Only marked recipes from the recipes’ list are included in the generated menu
- Ready menu, Shopping list, Summary as well as the description of all menu's recipes can be printed and shared
- Shopping list for the ready menu is automatically generated
- You can set the desired units of measurements for groceries - grams, oz or pieces for some groceries
- Add and edit the regular purchases, that is, groceries or other items you buy weekly regardless of the menu
- Add tags to the recipes
Also in the new version:
- Significantly improved the automatic recognition of the ingredients for each recipe
- Improved the accuracy of calculating calories and nutrients
- Many minor improvements and features
The full version EasyMenu 2.0 includes the following additional features:
- Menu can be generated for Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, Dinner and Snack, or for any combination of these six
- Randomly generated menu can be balanced based on the basic nutrients (protein, fats and carbohydrates)
- You can set prices for each ingredient you are using. After that EasyMenu will automatically calculate total costs of your groceries in the shopping list and allow you to generate a menu with specified weekly cost
- Information about more than 140 nutrients for each recipe and menu
- You can add several recipes for any meal
- All ingredients are linked to the USDA SR24 for correct calorie and nutrition count
- Summary page helps to monitor daily nutrition and calories intake
- All recipes, menus and shopping lists can be uploaded to your mobile device using the free MenuViewer application
The application requires Windows, Linux or MacOS.
NOTE. Before updating EasyMenu, we recommend you to backup your recipes.
Comparison of the free and full (paid) versions of EasyMenu 2.0 can be found here.
Detailed description of the free version with different screenshots can be found here.
Detailed description of the full version with different screenshots can be found here.
For the users of the previous version of the application it will be useful to read these instructions of how to move your cookbook from EasyMenu 1.5 to EasyMenu 2.0.